forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review of Gargoyles: Bad Guys comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dph_of_rules
Ostrich

Location: theoritically and only theoritically somewhere in this universe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Review of Gargoyles: Bad Guys comics Reply with quote

Review of issue #1

This comic is black & white.

The story starts off with the Bad Guys on a mission (aka the Lieca Reel). Just as the ship is attacked, we go into a flash back that covers Dingo's 'recruitment'. Dingo saves the day from a new villain . . The Tazmanian Tiger. As soon as TT is introduced, we have an obligatory Superman scene except with Dingo involved. We get to see that Hunter is watching the fight. Apparently, TT brought with him 2 real life Tazmanian tigers. While said animals are attacking Dingo/Matrix, Matrix puts nuzzles over the mouths and and with Dingo's help, leashes them to a tree. Dingo manages to beat TT and flies off and lands near a certain rock formation that looks like the one from "Walkabout". The shaman is there to talk with Dingo. Dingo gets upset with Matrix for . . sharing pain with Dingo. Hunter shows up, ready to go after Harry Monmouth. They have a quick go at, which Hunter shows herself to be superior to Dingo. Matrix fuses with Dingo and Hunter pulls out a short range em pulse grenade to nuetralize Matrix so that Hunter and Dingo can talk. Hunter gives Dingo a simple choice: join or be arrested. Dingo replies that he doesn't want to join a villain team, which Hunter replies she isn't, but instead is fighting on the side of Angels. Matrix agrees to join and Dingo relunctally follows. Hunter announces their next assignment: go to Tokyo to hunt Tenug. They are boarding a helicopter as the comic ends.

Review of Bad Guys issue #2

I really loved it. Everything, especially the cover. The story starts where the last one left off. Very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how their 1st mission together turns out. I didn't catch the cameo of Vinnie and the others at first. The flashback showing Yama's banishment is great.

That Yama is his own judge for when he can return to his clan speaks volumes for his character. Characters with that much integrity are as rare as diamonds and I'm thankfull you included one like that in a primary role in a spin-off.

I do hope that by the time the next gargoyles breeding season comes Yama will have found his redemption. The battle to get Yama's attention is quite good and realistic. It's great that Yama knows English. Question is does an entire clan speak English that well? It's nice to see Hunter come clean about wasting her past. (I do have a cat named Hunter. She once stole a mouse from a snake, but that's another story.) It's interesting that Matrix doesn't comprehend the problem with a gargoyle serving a gargoyles hunter. Dingo's reaction to going back to New York City is authentic, but shouldn't he realize that it's just as dangerous for Hunter to return them? In this sense, I'm glad that you haven't told the story of how Hunter was recruited as it would spoil the upcoming story.

Robyn Canmore's revelation that Dingo was recruited to get Matrix is incredible. Only a small handful of people around the world can possibly know about Matrix. Also only a small number of people around the world can possibly know about the Ishimuran clan. When I stop to consider the intersection of those two groups, I'm perplexed because it can only describe a much smaller set than those two groups. That leads me to believe whomever Hunter is working for has to be extremely well-connected and/or possessing Sherlock Holmes type of intelligence.

Back to New York, it shouldn't surprise me that Dr Sevarius was keeping tabs of his former experiments, but it did. I was wondering how Fang was going to be 'liberated' and know I see. At last, we learn Fang's real name.

Overall excellent story-telling. You keep throwing more things to consider along with answering questions. I am really looking forward to the next issue.

My Review of Issue #3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: