forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call-In show on Sunday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Call-In show on Sunday Reply with quote

Our first call-in show is coming up on Sunday. Should be a lot of fun! Anyone here planning on calling in?
Hatching

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to if I can, though I'm not sure what I would talk about. Scheduling concerns may get in the way, as I've got work, but it's not until an hour after(if my time zone adjustment is correct), so that just leaves the question of getting a VOIP account before then.

and whether I can find something better than my Bluetooth headphones. The microphone on those is horrific.
tbowl
Hatching

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll call in if ya'll let me, otherwise i'll be taking over your chat room.
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be happy just to get calls at all, really.

"Come on, show me something. Anything. Seriously, I'd take an armpit."

Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to call, but for one I don't know how that service-thing works. Do I just dial in through a regular phone? Do I have to dial as if it were long distance? Do I get charged long-distance rates?

I also don't really have any ideas for questions - you guys seem to have covered the easy ones already Razz. I'd feel a bit like the dweeb trying to hang out with the cool kids on the playground, haha. Smile
Ben Paddon
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a number of options. You could dial in using a regular phone. Or, you could use a VoIP program such as Gizmo Project or Skype. Alternatively you can download and use TalkShoe Live Pro, which doesn't have a particularly great GUI but does allow you to dial in.

If you don't intend to call in, you can always just listen - the site has a built-in client.
Hatching

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to my creepy, stalkerish tendencies, I've added myself as a watcher of the Talkshoe version of the show.

Turns out I'd miscalculated the time difference, which means instead of being able to catch only the first half hour of the show before I have to go to work, I will probably merely miss the first half hour of the show, and catch the rest after i get back from work.

I think you'll get callers, though. I think you'll have callers coming out your ears.(what an interesting choice of words...)
spambot
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey, ignore my stupid first post since I didn't see this one before I made it.

I will try to be online to call in, though there is a chance I'll be recording the next episode of my own show that night. However, it sounds like yours will be relatively early, so it may work out that I can do both.

This is all, of course, all dependent on if I just end up playing Warcraft all weekend with my wife.
Entity325
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so posting mid-podcast...(almost exactly)

I think Talkshoe had a crashout. I hope the recording went well, because I'm looking forward to re-listening.

I think my part of the call-in is all garbled. Need to learn when talking is and isn't OK.

On the up side, I think I figured out how to get into TalkShoe Pro.

Last edited by Entity325 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alitorious
Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it crashed for everyone else, too? I can't get in with either the web applet (never connects) or the Pro applet (never authenticates).
The web applet stopped responding to my chat messages (and didn't update anyone else's) at around 7:45 (15 minutes ago), but I could still hear the voice - but I tried to close the applet then start it up again to update the text and it never connected again.
Entity325
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first noticed something was up when Ben had trouble with the chat, and Techno said that he hadn't been in TalkShoe for a while.(He's on Skype, apparently) I tried reloading the window, and it wouldn't authenticate.
Alitorious
Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they're still in Skype, wondering "Where did all our listeners get to?".
I just remembered another interesting fact about rainbows: the sky is darker inside the rainbow than outside.

Edit: I got a "service unavailable" box trying to connect with the web client again. I think talkshoe went kaput. So ends the first podcast thingy! If someone has Skype they should let the guys know we can't hear them live anymore.

Last edited by Alitorious on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Entity325
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they know by now that we're all gone.

In fact, I wonder if Ben hasn't tried exactly what I tried, and talkshoe crashed out for him, too! That'd be interesting.
ttallan
Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to hear it to the end, because I never logged out to try to get the chat box going again... but I was disappointed not to be able to hear the post-show talk! Or is that the way it usually goes for people who haven't called in?
Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alitorious wrote:
I bet they're still in Skype, wondering "Where did all our listeners get to?".
I just remembered another interesting fact about rainbows: the sky is darker inside the rainbow than outside.

The irony was that the chat crashed but you could still listen to them in on the call which is really odd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: