forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swamp Gas (and other stuff)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alitorious
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Swamp Gas (and other stuff) Reply with quote

I don't mind swamp gas myself, personally, but I loathe those pesky UFOs pretending to be swamp gas. Them aliens think they're soo smart, but they ain't foolin' nobody, an' someone out to give 'em what they got comin' to 'em.

When you were talking about Calvin & Hobbes in relation to naughty language, I kept thinking about those moments where Calvin kept trying to learn said bad wordsies.

"Allo? This is library, yes? I am important reesercher in das field of language und I am reezearching common eenglish voolgar words. Allo? Allo?"

I don't remember the exact quote, but I'm scared that if I go try to look it up I'd end up reading through all the Calvin & Hobbes books we own for the next few days. I'd also be sorely tempted to scan it and put it up, but I'm scared of the potential new copyright laws in Canada.

I'd also love to be a guest caller, but I don't actually have any questions and I'd feel like some dweeb trying to hang out with the cool kids in the playground.
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Swamp Gas (and other stuff) Reply with quote

Alitorious wrote:
I don't mind swamp gas myself, personally, but I loathe those pesky UFOs pretending to be swamp gas. Them aliens think they're soo smart, but they ain't foolin' nobody, an' someone out to give 'em what they got comin' to 'em.

Here's a handy identification chart for you: http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2006/09/airforce-id-chart.jpg

Smile
Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, yes. I've seen that before. Smile Just goes to show you how far those darn aliens will go to hide themselves, pretending to be weather balloons pretending to be swamp gas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: