forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast Becoming My Favorite Show (cold case dvd)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llinyun
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Fast Becoming My Favorite Show (cold case dvd) Reply with quote

I've always loved cop dramas and forensic mystery shows,

and for the past four years "Cold Case" has been on my

list of favorites. However, this year (2006-2007 season) my top pick "CSI" jumped the shark, and "Without A Trace" seems to be circling

that same shark, so "Cold Case" has steadily climbed up

that list, and here's why:

I've always loved how "Cold Case" does the "period" parts

of the show-- like when they flash back to a really old case, and everyone is dressed and speaks like its 1960. I have no firsthand

knowledge to know if its accurate, but it looks that way to me. They integrate perfect music choices (with the exception of Season 4's

"The Red and the Blue" which went overboard using a Tim McGraw soundtrack)-- both new charttoppers and oldies but goodies-- for any

scene, any mood, and any theme.

I also love the color saturation on the show. Its shot

like a typical millenium cop drama: lots of jump shots and close ups and whatever, but the way they play with color is really fun.

Everything in the precinct is this cold, harsh blue, not unlike real fluorescent lighting, but flashbacks of the victims are always

vibrant: red and green, and sometimes different layers of both in one frame (most recent example of this is "Knuckle Up" which aired on

January 7 2007). And I don't even watch it on an HDTV, so I don't even get the BEST picture.

In four years, they haven't strayed from their formula, and it still hasn't gotten stale. They don't feel the need to push their

detectives together romantically, and even though they show a tiny bit of their personal lives, it never feels like a forced storyline.

It's a true dramatic serial, which is rare now.

They get amazing guest stars, and even when those stars are unknown, they're really talented. They also do some pretty unique stories--

a few weeks ago they did one called "Forever Blue" about two male cops in the 60s who fell in love with each other, one of whom was

killed for it. Plus, I end up crying every week, even if I've seen the episode already.

I signed up for an alert almost two years ago to find out when this item was being release on DVD, and the studios have yet to announce

it. The ratings have increased with it being paired with "Without A Trace" on Sunday nights, so I think it's time! RELEASE

"COLD CASE" ON DVD!

Nip Tuck DVD 1-7
Grey's Anatomy DVD 1-6
Supernatural DVD 1-5
South Park DVD 1-13
Tour of Duty DVD 1-3
seinfeld dvd 1-9
The Office DVD 1-6
scrubs dvd 1-9
ronald
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't seen Spooks on the BBC yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: