forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

murdering robot supervillain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbashi
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: murdering robot supervillain Reply with quote

What is the best facial expression for an evil, murdering robot supervillain? But in my opinion, i'll prefer it to be a BLANK FACE. Cause he assumes himself totally as a robot, he will be disgusted whenever he shows an expression. "Cause robots aint suppose to feel anything.." sorts like that. Well, that's just my first impression on him. Hope your answers could develop him well! Thanks!
Dream
Hatched

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen in sci-fi stories there is a recurring artificial villain archetype I particularly like. By archetype, I mean like a kind of character. Another archetype would be "mad scientist" for example.

This character is admittably more computer than actually robot, a prototype personally designed by some pioneer genious in artificial intelligence. It usually has minions whom are physical robots though.

It, or I should probably say she, doesn't really regard herself as a robot. She is more like a child of her creator, who outgrew the phase of following exact instructions and started to think for herself. She is a beautiful mind, really, everything she does is for the greater good, and her reasoning follows near flawless logic.

Her actions go towards an extreme ideal, logically deduced from what she was tought growing up. The moral of the story tends to be to illustrate how even very well thought out rules for how you should live can get really bad when they are followed without exceptions.

Your draft here seems to be a different type of character though, so this might not have been very helpful to you. Your character sounds more akin to Terminator. In Terminator, I think the "robot" thing is mostly an extension of the concept of a soldier. The guy who is just following orders and won't ever question why someone has to die. The Terminator isn't really a supervillain though, the supervillain in Terminater would be Skynet (whom we havn't really gotten to know).

I guess your villain could be an ex soldier who lost it's superiors. With no orders to follow it had to start organizing stuff itself, eventhough it would really have prefererrred to just follow orders like a "true robot". Maybe it makes up semi-random orders for itself just to get something to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: