forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfuzion Publishing to publish "The Continentals&quo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeeMan
Hatching

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Transfuzion Publishing to publish "The Continentals&quo Reply with quote

NEWS!!! What does yours truely have in common with Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, David Mack, James O'Barr, and Guy Davis to name a few? We were all published early in our careers by Gary Reed, former pblisher of Caliber Comics. XD

Finally the cat is out of the bag and I get to talk about the big secret I've been holding onto for the last few months. Now that the deal is done, and the announcement is being made, I finally get to tell you all what some of you already know--THE CONTINENTALS IS BEING PUBLISHED!!!

Here's the press release that's being sent out:

Transfuzion Publishing has signed to bring the webcomic series, The Continentals, to print in the form of graphic novels. The series, which is currently running on WebcomicsNation, will be collected in a series of trade paperbacks as each storyline finishes its run.

Crisscrossing the literary genres of murder/mystery, action/adventure, historical drama, horror, science fiction, and steampunk, "The Continentals" by writer/creator Darryl Hughes and artist Monique MacNaughton, --- both nominated for the “Rising Star” category for the Glyph Comic Awards---is a modern re-imagining of the classic 19th century Sherlock Holmes "who done it" murder mystery created for the 21st century comic fan.

The story begins in 1889. Barely a year after the mysterious Jack the Ripper's murderous rampage and equally mysterious disappearance, the city of Mansfordshire, England is shaken by a series of brutal "mangling" murders that plunge the city into an abyss of fear.

Investigating the case, Continental Operatives Jeffrey Tiffen Smythe and his partner the gender bending adventuress, Lady Fiona Fiziwigg, uncover the threads that bind the murderer, his victims, the highest echelons of society, it's lowest dregs, and even the police officers investigating the case in a tangled web of mystery, adventure, intrigue, and murder.

Transfuzion Publisher Gary Reed said, “when Darryl sent me the pages of The Continentals, I was very interested. I knew that I wanted to see more so to obviously, I thought that it was something other people would like to see more of. We started talking and I’m excited about bringing out the hard copies of the story.”

“The exact date of the first trade paperback to be released will be announced as soon as a firm schedule can be structured,” Reed stated. “We’ll let the first story arc complete its run online and the next story will continue online while the first trade comes out.”

The Continentals is currently running on webcomicsnation.com and is also featured on other sites including Transfuzion’s home page. Writer/creator Darryl Hughes says response so far to the online strip has been fantastic. “The main attraction of The Continentals is that its a really well told, well drawn, murder, mystery, adventure that draws you deeper and deeper into the story with each turn of the page as you follow characters that are both interesting and engaging unravel a tangled web of intrigue as you both try to figure out who done it and why. That's what a good murder/mystery should do. And that's what The Continentals is. It's a damned good murder/mystery, with amazingly detailed black and white artwork by Monique (MacNaughton) that will just take your breath away, if I do say so myself. And I do!”

Early Reviews of The Continentals

"...Enter, The Continentals: Part Sherlock Holmes, part James Bond, part The Avengers...A gripping storyline with superb artwork in the style of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." - The Webcomic Builder.com

"...The Continentals holds your attention like a vice grip...Beautifully rendered...The characters jump out at you. This is an old fashioned thrill a minute mystery adventure that you will just love."--Jazma Online

"The Continentals is a gorgeously funky Victorian crime thriller with a touch of TV's "The Avengers" or "Department 5". Darryl Hughes' writing is slyly humorous and artist Monique MacNaughton has produced some breathtakingly detailed black and white artwork..." --Drunkduck.com Feature Review

Transfuzion Publishing
http://www.transfuzion.biz/TITLES/TheContinentals.htm

The Continentals
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php

I'd like to thank all the folks here who've read and supported The Continentals and I hope you continue to do so as both a webcomic and a print comic. monique and I are very excited about all this as I'm sure you can imagine. Just a year ago The Continentals was a behind the scenes "making of" comic and now it's going to be in a comic shop and bookstore near you in the future. How's that for a happy start to the new year. LOL! XD

Dee

It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show The Avengers with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Transfuzion Publishing to publish "The Continentals Reply with quote

TheDeeMan wrote:
Finally the cat is out of the bag and I get to talk about the big secret I've been holding onto for the last few months. Now that the deal is done, and the announcement is being made, I finally get to tell you all what some of you already know--THE CONTINENTALS IS BEING PUBLISHED!!!

That's great - congratulations! I look forward to picking up a copy when it comes out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: