forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Alert! - A Station V3 short story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Security Alert! - A Station V3 short story Reply with quote

"Security alert!" Linton shouted, as he ran down the hallway from the shuttle bay. "Security alert!"
Mr. Maintenance Engineer looked over from the panel he was working on. "What's wrong?"
Linton skidded to a stop. "There's a security alert!"
Mr. Maintenance Engineer nodded. "Yes, I got that. But why?"
"Because there's a security alert!"
"There's a security alert because there's a security alert?"
Linton looked puzzled. "What other reason would there be?"
"I don't know..." Mr. Maintenance Engineer gestured down the hallway with the electric wrench he was holding. "Something wrong in the shuttle bay, maybe?"
"Of course there's something wrong in the shuttle bay! There's a security alert."
"Yes, yes," Mr. Maintenance Engineer replied, quickly losing his remaining patience. "But what specifically is wrong there?"
"There's a security alert!" Linton was also losing patience. "Didn't I just say that?"
"Yes. But how do you know there's a security alert?"
"The 'security alert' sign came on."
"Fine, I guess that counts as an answer. I suppose you'd better let everyone know instead of wasting any more of my time."
"Right!" Linton continued on his way down the hallway. "Security alert!"

"Security alert!" Prentis shouted, as he floated up the hallway towards the shuttle bay. "Security alert!"
Mr. Maintenance Engineer dropped his wrench. "I heard that already. What's up?"
Prentis came to a stop, sprouting some legs to stand on. "There's a security alert," Prentis replied. "It's in the shuttle bay."
"Are you the one who put the 'security alert' sign on in there?"
"Yes!"
Mr. Maintenance Engineer picked up his wrench. "Well, then, maybe you can tell me. What exactly is the problem in there?"
Prentis blinked. "How would I know? I haven't been in there yet to see."
"Then how did you know there was a problem?"
"Linton came running down the hallway shouting 'security alert!'"
"He was shouting 'security alert' because the 'security alert' sign in there came on. You put the 'security alert' sign in there on because he was shouting 'security alert.'"
"Well, then, there's obviously a problem, isn't there? I can't let you waste any more of my time." Prentis continued on his way towards the shuttle bay. "Security alert!"

Mr. Maintenance Engineer tapped the panel with his wrench. "Speaking of time, the reality normalizer has a slight malfunction at the moment, causing some local time/space distortions, specifically in the area of cause and effect," he announced to nobody in particular. "Not that you guys would care about that."
Senior Ostrich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to bump the heck out of this right now because the Physicist in me is kind of obsessing over the fact that the speed of light may have been breached. If I am not mistaken this may lead to the above story actually being possible Shocked

This is a nice signature we are taking over!
very nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: