forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making "The Continentals" debuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDeeMan
Hatching

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Making "The Continentals" debuts Reply with quote

As a follow up to our first collaboration, the scifi adventure "G.A.A.K: Groovy Ass Alien Kreatures", my partner Monique MacNaughton and I have decided to try something a little different and A LOT darker with our upcoming project, the mystery/adventure web graphic novel "The Continentals: That shape am I":

1889. Barely a year after the mysterious Jack the Rippers murderous rampage and equally mysterious disappearance the city of Mansfordshire, England is shaken by a series of brutal "mangling" murders that plunge the city into an abyss of fear.

Investigating the case, Continental Operatives Jeffrey Tiffen Smythe and his partner the gender bending adventuress lady Fiona Fiziwigg uncover the threads that bind the murderer, his victims, the highest echelons of society, it's lowest dregs, and even the police officers investigating the case in a tangled web of mystery, adventure, intrigue, and murder that is like Sherlock Holmes, mixed with equal parts of the 60's tv show "The Avengers", with a dash of James Bond for flavor.

NOW SHOWING is the behind the scenes comic "Making The Continentals" which will feature character profiles, story insights, 19th century designs (architecture, fashion, etc), "making the page" teasers, and a multi page preview all leading up to the debut of "The Continentals".

We hope that you'll join us for the ride.

The Continentals
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php
Updates on Mondays

Dee

It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show The Avengers with a dash of James Bond for flavor.

Last edited by TheDeeMan on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting concept, and the preview pages look good - looking forward to the debut!
Hatching

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Working hard to get this ready. Until then I hope the previews and profiles will keep you guys entertained.

Dee

Murder. Mystery. Intrigue. Adevnture
www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem/continentals/series.php
TheDeeMan
Hatching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final part of "making the page" the behind the scenes look at the making of a page from "The Continentals" comic from script, to page layout, to the final inked version has been posted. And if I may say so myself--It's pretty damned dazzling.

So, come check out Donny aka The Mangler's mad escape from TimbreDark, the asylum for the criminally insane at "Making The Continentals".

Dee

The Continentals
Updates on Mondays

It's like Sherlock Holmes meets the 60's tv show The Avengers with a dash of James Bond for flavor.
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
Hatching

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

We just posted page 2 of the "Accessories" page on "Making The Continentals", showing the "toys" a 19th century agent in her majesty's service gets to play with. Last time it was the dapper Jeffrey Tiffen Smythe and his toys, this one featuring the gender bending cross dressing adventuress Lady Fiona Fiziwigg. And honestly? There's nothing sexier then a hot chick with a gun--Even if she is wearing men's clothes LOL! You can check it out here:

The Continentals

Dee

Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't argue... Smile

This month's design previews look good - looks like you're really doing a lot of work on the background and setting for this!
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axonite wrote:
I won't argue... Smile

This month's design previews look good - looks like you're really doing a lot of work on the background and setting for this!

Thanks. Smile

Writing the story and setting it in 19th century England is one thing, drawing it and getting it right is another. You don't want to set a comic in a time and get it wrong. That's important to Monique--Getting it absolutely right. And making sure that, once we start this thing we have enough under our belts not to have to stop, go on hiatus to replenish our supply of comic pages, and come back. As you know, with most comics that go on hiatus, it's the "coming back" that turns out to be the major problem.

But the comic will start this summer. I promise. Smile

Dee

TheDeeMan
Hatching

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Making The Continentals" begins it's "Rough Cuts" previews of the upcoming web graphic novel with a 12 page preview of original penciled layout artwork and corresponding script page excerpts (think of them as storyboards for an upcoming movie, only the movie is a comic) that will lead into the summertime debut of the web graphic novel "The Continentals: That Shape am I".

Monique and I hope you enjoy them.

Dee

The Continentals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Comic Plugging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: