forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Podwarping... when?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttallan
Egg

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Podwarping... when? Reply with quote

I've listened to a bunch of the podcasts now... I see the last one was May 7th. I can't find any mention of your schedule on the site. How often do you record/post your podcasts? Even if the answer is, "whenever the *bleep* we get around to it", you might consider posting that info somewhere. Or, at least, somewhere obvious. Smile
Egg

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually we put one out per week, but we kind of scrunched a couple together a couple of weeks ago, the took another week off. However there should be another episode coming out very soon.
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's not that we planned to take last week off - we would have done one if we had been able to get four people together on the same day, but the scheduling didn't work out. Sad
Egg

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? how dare you not have the thing you do for free out every week on a regular schedual!!!! Very Happy Laughing
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I can promise you it most likely will happen again at some point. Smile
Egg

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen! C'mon, you guys all do webcomics, you know the drill. You tell your audience the schedule, and if for whatever reason you have to miss an update day, you put up a polite (or groveling, as necessary) note with an apology and the new date when the new material will be available. (I don't suppose filler is applicable for a podcast...) But do keep your audience in the loop on your website, so we know you all haven't decided you've run out of things to say and have given up. [/nag]

Okay, how about if I throw in a "please?" Smile
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:
Gentlemen! C'mon, you guys all do webcomics, you know the drill. You tell your audience the schedule, and if for whatever reason you have to miss an update day, you put up a polite (or groveling, as necessary) note with an apology and the new date when the new material will be available. (I don't suppose filler is applicable for a podcast...) But do keep your audience in the loop on your website, so we know you all haven't decided you've run out of things to say and have given up. [/nag]

Okay, how about if I throw in a "please?" Smile

Well, since you threw in a "please," I guess we can give you a status report... Smile

Episode 13, in which Station V3 is discussed, has been recorded. It'll be online once it's finished being edited.

(We have to cut out at least some of the yelling/screaming/swearing/etc!) Smile
Egg

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's online now. Would've been online earlier in the week, but I've had precious little free time and/or sleep. Also I went to Disneyland yesterday.
Egg

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Yay podcasting!

But it would still be worthwhile putting your schedule (as in, "Every Friday... except when going to Disneyland") on your website, if not in the banner then at least in the "About" section. So when noobs like me come along for the first time we'll know what to expect and when to come back for the next one.
Egg

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad fact is that while we do try to get the podcast recorded on a Sunday, that happens as much as it doesn't. This week we've rescheduled to Wednesday because in fifteen minutes I'll be jumping into a car and visiting family friends for a night of Wii, UNO and possibly some kind of third thing (in my defense, I thought we'd be leaving a lot earlier).

When we do record on a Sunday, I usually aim to have the podcast up by Wednesday night at the very latest, and when we record on a Wednesday I try to aim for Thursday. It's really a wildcard system though, based on just how horrendously busy I am at any given moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> PodWarp 1999 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: