forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome Welcome, Enjoy Enjoy: A very short Station V3 story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Welcome Welcome, Enjoy Enjoy: A very short Station V3 story Reply with quote

The ship landed on the Generic Vacation Planet with a disappointed thud. "Everbody out!" barked the speaker in the wall as the passenger compartment door opened, revealing the barren landscape outside.

Linton looked out the window in disgust. "Well, THIS looks like fun..."

Mr. Maintenance Engineer attempted to shrug, but having no shoulders, didn't get very far. He glanced towards Emmit, who did it for him. "I guess we're here."

A short green alien with an antenna emerged from a building by the landing pad that bore a crudely-lettered sign informing any lucky visitors that this was the Generic Vacation Planet's Welcome Center. It smiled as it saw the ship, and moved forward to greet the crew as the emerged from the ship. "Welcome, welcome to the Generic Vacation Planet!" it said. "I'm the Welcome Director here, and let me tell you, you guys are definitely going to have a good time here!"

There was an awkward silence for a moment as the crew looked around. The sky was colored blah, with the ground a slightly darker shade of blah, and there were a few blah-colored mountains in the distance. There appeared to be no buildings in the area besides the Welcome Center. It was unclear whether there was actually any good time to be had. Linton turned back to the Welcome Director. "How can you be so sure of that?"

The Welcome Director's smile became a little unpleasant. "What choice have you got?"

"Oh."

The Welcome Director relaxed its smile. "Enjoy, enjoy! Food will be provided in a day or so, and in the meantime, feel free to wander around until you're having a good time." It retreated back into the Welcome Center, and closed the door behind it. After a moment, the door opened again, and the Welcome Director looked out. "And you WILL have a good time."

The crew glanced back toward the ship they came in, but the passenger section door was already closed, and a couple miles in the air, since the ship had already taken off.

"Well," Mr. Substitute observed, "It's already better than my last vacation."

The Chef cleared his throat. "Um, guys? I think I left the stove on back on the station..."
Hatching

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to know about Mr. Substitutes last vacation... actually scratch that, yes I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: