forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi axonite!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbowl
Hatching

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: hi axonite!! Reply with quote

Just stoppin by sayin hi. I keep seeing you lurk on TWCL so I wanted to stop by and say WHASSAPPPPPPPPP!

ttyl
-tbowl
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: hi axonite!! Reply with quote

tbowl wrote:
Just stoppin by sayin hi. I keep seeing you lurk on TWCL so I wanted to stop by and say WHASSAPPPPPPPPP!

Hello again!

Does it still count as lurking if I post there? Smile
Hatching

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see you post in the 'how much does your comic cost' thread... which inspired me to post there, heehee! *shakes fist at how much my comic costs to keep going*
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... My 10th post in the 2 years I've been registered there? Smile

For my costs, I'm hoping Project Wonderful ad revenue will eventually pay for the hosting. Or at least some new pens. Smile (It might, if I didn't keep spending the money on more ads!)
Hatching

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the thing I don't get about PW is how on earth its supposed to make you any money. If I was going to rely on pw ad revenue alone, I'd need one banner to bring in about 184$ a day... If I could some how divide that among 4 banners, it'd be 46$ a day for 4 banners.

Who on earth would pay that??!?!?!?! Nobody would. Even when ComiXpress was doing PW for a while even its biggest banner in the middle of the page was only topping out at about 25$ a day.

And my poor little site has max, 400 uniques a month regardless of what I try to do. So nobody is going to pay me squat for my clicks.

The only real hope comic people have, is getting a really high end affiliate that has really good banners, that'll work with your site..

Grr. I don't want to turn this into like my 50th giant ramble fest for the night. I'm tempted to put PW back up on my site and just let it sit if they have their lag problems sorted out. I haven't seen anyones sites crash from it lately... What're your thoughts on having pw on your site from an aesthetic perspective, and also site lag perspective?
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any major lag problems with it lately, though I've seen a few in the past.

I put the banner where I've always had some sort of ad - I had the required ad there when Station V3 was on KeenSpace (now ComicGen) and Z7 was on DrunkDuck, and when I first moved to paid hosting, I just replaced the ad with a link exchange banner. So the PW banner works well there (or in the case of Ebb's Children, two half-banners), and it's easy enough to find room for a row or column of buttons.

Between all the banners and buttons on the four sites, right now I have more money coming in than I'm spending on ads, and my hosting expenses are relatively low (~$50/yr for the hosting and domain names), so if the ads keep earning as much as they are now and I don't increase my ad spending, it would bring in enough to pay for that over the course of the year (and still have money left to pay for pens and paper). Of course, that isn't guaranteed, but at least at the moment it's paying for the ads I'm running. Smile
Hatching

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I see i see. So. I'm not sure how many buttons you have. But is it the same back end for each button, then that button across tons and tons of pages? Cuz I think thats what I'm going to do. Is maybe 2 buttons, but the back end of those will be across LOADS of my pages... everything but forums...
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - you get the ad box code, and then you can put the same code on all your pages.
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do that, but I still would need to add the css code to all of my pages, waaaaaaaah. I'll do it... tomorrow! Yea. That's it!

procrastination for the win
Hatching

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally did it! .02c more a day is mine all mine!!!!
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that before or after PW takes its cut? Smile

(Either way, it's a start! I'm running an ad there for Z7 right now.)
Hatching

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that you little haxxor. i need a little z7 button up on my links page too! you double dipper!!! yea. .02 c. woot woot
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbowl wrote:
I saw that you little haxxor. i need a little z7 button up on my links page too!

I won't argue with you there... Smile

tbowl wrote:
you double dipper!!! yea. .02 c. woot woot

And I got a couple hits from it, so I'm getting my .02 worth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: