forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

remote controlled robot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amaretha
Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: remote controlled robot Reply with quote

Wired remote controlled robot or wireless remote controlled robot for obstacle race? which one is better? i have a tech fest in my college next month..i want to make a robot but i have never made any robot before..my question is that whether i should go for wired remote controlled robot or wireless robot.? i have seen in many tech fests that the wired robots are very tough to handle bacause of their long wire..and in wireless robots,i have heard that anyone can take control of your robot by their remote control by matching the frequency..is that true.i want to make a wireless one but will that be safe..??

Last edited by amaretha on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
DavidT
Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: remote controlled robot Reply with quote

Depends on how big the obstacle race is, if its big then obviously wireless and are people in your college really that low?? Shocked
wired robots really are a pain. Once i built a wired one, the wire kept breaking and in the end just canabilized it for parts in a maze one. as its your first one, you should do what i did, build a chassis for the robot and buy a remote control car and use the parts from that. its a lot cheaper although the soldering will most likley need strengthening due to the micro-micro-micro grammes of solder put on nowadays!

about the frequency thing, it can happen but i would of thought unlikey in that senerio
good luck! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: