forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index forum.comicostrich.com
ComicOstrich Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh No! Robot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Oh No! Robot! Reply with quote

I've signed Station V3 (and Z7) up for the Oh No Robot webcomics search engine. It lets you search through transcripts that have been entered for various comics - so far transcripts have been entered for the first month or so of V3 and a couple recent ones. So if you see the "transcribe this comic" button in the archives, that's what that's for. And feel free to do that. Smile
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the site's down right now... Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

[EDIT: it is!]
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 135 transcriptions so far... Thanks to Tankred, "kittenelite," Fizzle, and the Anonymous Benefactor(s)! Smile
Hatched

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed they added some tags.

I think that maybe we should get make some guidelines on how to transcribe the comics?
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that too... I know a few of the transcriptions have character information (including the one you did today), but most don't. Probably not all panels will need scene descriptions, but character names would probably be a good idea. I'm going to take the option to mark all existing transcriptions as "needing improvement," which should generate an "improve this transcription" button for editing them.

If you're doing a transcription and you have questions about some character names or scene descriptions, you can leave it blank for me to fill in when I approve it, or ask the questions here. Thanks for all your help transcribing these! Smile
Egg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: how many strips are there? How many still need transcribing? Reply with quote

How many strips are there? How many still need transcribing?

Do you have some way of showing a running total or periodically posting the Transcribed / Total existing fraction?

I am trying to keep up with the current ones, but only sometimes have the time to work on the backlog. Still, it's inspiring to see the fraction creep up towards the asymptote of "1"
Axonite
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current number of strips is displayed at the bottom of the archive page (or yesterday's strip number plus one) - currently 1193.

Oh No Robot displays the current number of approved transcribed strips at http://www.ohnorobot.com/index.pl?comic=104 - currently 850.

So it's at a little over 71% today. Smile

(And thanks again for your help!)
Super Ostrich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over a year, so it's probably time for another update... Smile

The transcription total is currently at 1296 strips transcribed out of 1584 - a little over 81%.

If anyone would like to help transcribe (and a big Thank You to everyone who has!), the "comics that need transcriptions" list is at http://www.ohnorobot.com/helpout.pl?comic=104.
Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember the name of the giant robot cartoon? It was a cartoon series from a while back. I remember it was like old times and the robots weapon was a huge sword, and the guy took the robot to save his village or something. The robot moved by clock-work stuff or something like that. It was a huge white robot, and i think it fought with a giant blue robot once?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.comicostrich.com Forum Index -> Station V3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: